- This event has passed.
Transformation of MFIs-Workshop on Improving Income Generation, Profitability & Effectiveness of MFIs
27 March @ 08:00 - 29 March @ 17:00
Asset Africa Institute, (www.assetafrica.co.ke) , is pleased to announce the following workshop set to take place in March, 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya
Course Name: Transformation of MFIs-Workshop on Improving Income Generation, Profitability & Effectiveness of MFIs
Date: 27th -29th March 2018
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 3 Full Days
Cost: USD 495
Microfinance plays a major role in poverty reduction among the most vulnerable communities especially in the developing world. Indeed, with large segments of society having no access to formal financial services, micro finance institutions-MFIs-are the only vehicles with products and service offerings aimed at providing low-income people with tools to meet their credit and saving needs thus enhancing sustainable financial inclusion and economic empowerment among this category of the population.
Nevertheless, MFIs continue to face increased and serious challenges which hamper their growth and outreach: accessing enough funding to support lending needs, clients over-borrowing from multiple sources resulting in over-indebtedness and default on loans, political and social upheavals which leading to delinquency or delay in paying, increased competition from other MFIs and other lenders among others.
This training aims at developing your staff into performing MFI professionals who are in tune with the issues that matter to your clients-from designing client- centered innovative strategies and products, defining product performance indicators and measurement tools, complying with external reporting rules, application of information technology to improve business environment and models, to examining model programs and critical governance issues among MFIs.
This workshop, an international gathering of micro finance professionals from around Africa, affords you an excellent opportunity to meet and share experiences form critical partnerships with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and glean ideas on how innovative strategies are applied to respond to similar challenges to attain institution goals.
Objective: This training enables participants to adopt better strategic approaches, improve their execution capability in addition to acquiring the right set of skills which are necessary to identify opportunities as well as to manage related threats to enhance incomes, improve profits and expand the impact of the institution among rural and urban communities.
Summary Course Content
- Overview of MFIs- MFIs & Poverty Reduction- Global Trends-International Credit Institutions -Best Practices
- Common Micro Credit Challenges: Access- Product Design Choices-Screening Mechanisms-Negative Competition- Over Crediting- Cross-Financing- Wholesaling of Micro-Credit -Delinquency Management
- Analysis of Financial Instruments Available to Your Institution: Project Debt-Equity-Grants-Capital Funding-When Should You Apply for New Funding?
- Innovation and MFIs- Innovation & Financial Inclusion-Product Development- Financial Instruments to Enable Graduation of Clients
- Cultural Considerations in Programming and Product Development
- Developing Demand-Driven Financial Services: Understanding Your Market & Your Client’s “Unique” Needs
- Towards Financial Inclusion: Designing Sustainable Microcredit Programs for Marginal/Small Farmers/ Traders/“Hard-Core Poor”
- Developing New Products-Phases-When Should You Apply for Funding?
- How to Quantify Your Project’s Impact On SDGs
- Enhancing MFI Incomes- Strategies for Developing New MFIs Business Models – Internal Controls & Place of LEAN Fundamentals in MFI Management
- Micro Credit-Credit Product Performance Monitoring and Mentorship
- Overcoming Repayment Crises- The Challenge of High Dropout Rates- Responsible Debt Management Practices
- Risk in MFI: – Understanding How Increased Growth Requires Robust Risk Management – Minimizing Fraud/Irregularities- Expected Standards
- Measuring Financial Performance of Microfinance Institutions- Qualitative and Participatory Methodologies for MFI Monitoring
- How to Apply Financial Forecasting and Analysis Tools for MFIs
- Management of Information Systems -Selecting the Most Appropriate MIS System for Your MFI
- Increasing the Sustainability of MFIs Programs
- Advanced Leadership Skills for Micro Finance Professionals
- Applying Lessons Learn- Tying Together Different Insights from the Workshop
Who Should Attend
Executive Directors, Project Managers/Coordinators/Officers among MFIs, Micro Finance personnel in UN agencies, Government/County staff in MF based programs, INGOs/NGOs implementing micro finance and poverty reduction programs and planning personnel.
Dynamic, creative, participant centered, practical, interactive, interesting adult learning methodologies-including facilitated discussions, small group interactive exercises, large group discussions, role plays, plenary presentations, examples from organizations and drawing upon participants’ own experience- and diverse media are applied to lift the participants to high levels of proficiency
About the Organization
Asset Africa Institute (www.assetafrica.co.ke) -AAI- specializes in the research, design and delivery of high quality and affordable training programs for development workers worldwide. Over the years, AAI has provided consultancies and training to such reputable organizations as: Federal University, Birnin Kebbi-Nigeria, Norwegian Church Aid-Zambia, ACOMIN-Nigeria, Salvation Army-Tanzania, Love Botswana Outreach Mission, Islamic Relief-Somalia, Cornerstone Development-Uganda, IOM-South Sudan, DCA-Ethiopia, Africa Rice Center -Benin, Rwanda Union of the Blind, Sasakawa Africa Association-Ethiopia, Harare Institute of Technology-Zimbabwe, CARE-International-Mali, Mazommo Construction Company-Liberia, CARE-International-Niger, UNDP-Somalia, HEAL Africa-DRC, Diakonia, International NGO Safety-Somalia, County Government of Siaya-Kenya, Oxfam GB-Yemen, Generations for Peace-Jordan, CBR Africa Network-Uganda, Victoria Finance PLC-Tanzania, PSI-Benin among, WASH Alliance, others.
For more information regarding the training, contact;
Asset Africa Institute
Trust Mansion Hse, Tubman Road off Koinange Street
P.O. Box 12903 – 00100
Phone: +254 -722 469454/720986965