- This event has passed.
Training on Project Design using Logical Framework Approach (June 18, 2018 – June 20, 2018)
18 June 2018 @ 08:30 - 20 June 2018 @ 16:30
About the course
Project design is one of the critical phases in the project life cycle. How successful a project becomes will largely depend on how well it was designed. This course provides the skills on the Logical Framework Approach (LFA), the method used to achieve high quality project standards. The participants will learn about the concepts underlying the Logical Framework approach and the main steps in the application of this method. The course introduces the participants to a structured way of linking the objectives of the project to the needs of the stakeholders and identifying strategies to provide the desired results.
This course is strongly recommended for all persons involved in any aspect of projects, from planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the log frame approach, its purpose and limitations
- Analyze stakeholders needs essential for project planning
- Carry out problems analysis using problem trees
- Carry out objectives analysis using solutions trees
- How to write SMART objectives and consider indicators
- Develop a robust logframe with all the key project design elements
- Apply vertical and horizontal logic to a log frame matrix
Introduction to Project Design
- Fundamentals of project planning and design
- Project Lifecycle
- Project management constraints
- Project management process
Project result chain
- Project result levels
- Project M&E causal pathways
- Linking the project result levels
- Indicators selection
- Indicator metrics
- Linking indicators to results
- Indicator matrix
- Tracking of indicators
Logical Framework Approach – Project Analysis Phase
- Stakeholders Analysis
- Problem Analysis using problem tree
- Objective Analysis
- Strategy Analysis
Logical Framework Approach – Project Planning Phase
- Link to the Logical Framework Matrix (LFM)
- Logical Framework Matrix format
- Developing the LFM
- Logical Framework Matrix vertical and horizontal logic
- Developing baseline and targets for the logframe
Project Risk and Assumptions
- Defining key project assumptions
- Assumptions in the logframe
- Risk management for critical assumptions
- Project Implementation Plan
- Project Resource Schedule
- Project Cost Schedule
Case Studies for Logframes
Sample logframes from development organizations
Group exercise: Developing a logframe
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
The training will be conducted at Devimpact Institute Training Centre, Nairobi Kenya.
The training fee covers tuition fees, learning materials, and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to
|Event Date||June 18,2018, 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||June 20,2018, 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||June 15,2018, 5:00 pm|