- This event has passed.
Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Health Projects/Programs
8 April 2019 - 26 June 2019$1000
Monitoring and evaluation of health projects is done to determine the feasibility, effectiveness, applicability, cost-benefit, scalability and acceptance of the project by the community, making it an important tool in the implementation of such projects.
It’s therefore important that the human resource undertaking this activity are well versed with practical skills in undertaking monitoring and evaluation for health and health-related projects and programmes.
This training workshop is designed to build capacity for professionals by impacting them with hands-on skills in monitoring and evaluation of health projects/programmes.
- Project Managers
- Project Officers
- Project Assistants
- Quality Assurance Officers
- Human Resource Officers
- Finance Officers
After the completion of the course, the participants will be able to;
- Develop mechanisms and framework for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Understand and apply concepts and principles for monitoring project inputs, processes and results for health projects/programmes.
- Formulate and develop health indicators for measuring project/programme outputs and outcomes.
- Use result-based tools for programme planning.
- Design and conduct an evaluation.
- Use M&E tools for qualitative and quantitative data analysis and competently use data analysis softwares like NVivo, SPSS, and EPI info.
- Compile report and present findings
- Introduction and history of Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Link between Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Results-based Management
- Measurement of results
- Supervision in performance monitoring
- Planning and Implementing Participatory monitoring
- Designing an evaluation
- Conducting an evaluation
- Qualitative data analysis
- Quantitative data analysis
- Designing an M&E system and Change monitoring
- Technology in M& E –use of mobile in data collection, using SPSS, Epi info, NVivo
- Report writing, presentation skills and dissemination of results
Course Delivery Method
This training course will be presented face to face using proven adult participatory andragogy techniques like;
- Participatory Lecture Method
- Power point presentation and animated graphic presentations
- Group discussions
- Brain storming
- Questioning and Answering
- Role play
- Group work
- Qualified Professional Participants must be reasonably proficient in English to understand and fulfill the training requirements
- 10 days