- This event has passed.
Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Food Security and Nutrition Programs
10 September 2018 - 14 September 2018
This training programme aims to improve the effectiveness of Monitoring and Evaluation of Food Security and Nutrition programs through identifying and disseminating successful methods, tools and practices. This will, in turn, improve the monitoring and evaluation skills of the personnel implementing food security and nutrition programmes in the implementing agencies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general training is targeting variety of programme staff, management team members and thematic staff, Project Management Officials, government officials, programme managers; policy makers and programme implementers; development practitioners and activists and NGO and CSO members, Research organizations among others for Agriculture support activities.
The training will enable participants to;
- Gain insight into the principles of monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment in food and nutrition security.
- Strengthen their competence in the designing, monitoring, and evaluation of FSN programs.
- Come up with clear ideas for improving monitoring, evaluation and impact assessments for food security and nutrition programs.
- Appreciate the need to integrate gender role in the development of FSN programs.
- Gain skills in both qualitative and quantitate data collection and analysis in M&E for food security and nutrition programs.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
- What is M&E?
- Significance of M&E
- Principles and concepts in M&E
- M&E and the project lifecycle
- Complementary roles of monitoring and evaluation
Module 2: Food Security and Nutrition M&E Frameworks
- Food security and nutrition conceptual frameworks
- Food security and nutrition results frameworks
- Logical framework analysis
- Food security and nutrition projects design using LogFrames
Module 3: Food Security and Nutrition Indicators
- Food security and nutrition indicators
- Indicator metrics
- Link between indicators and results
- Indicator Matrix
- FSN indicator performance tracking
Module 4: M&E System design and M&E Planning in FSN
- Importance of an M&E Plan
- Components of an M&E Plan
- Design Principles for monitoring and evaluation
- Using M&E plan to implement M&E in a project
- M&E plan against performance management plan
Module 5: M&E Considerations for Sector Specific Programming
- Food availability
- Food access
- Food utilization
- Market Information
Module 6: M&E Considerations for Health and Nutrition
- Selection of indicators
- Integrated disease surveillance and nutrition surveillance systems
Module 7: Data Management for M&E in FSN
- Sources of M&E data
- Qualitative data collection methods
- Quantitative data collection methods
- Participatory methods of data collection
Module 8: Data Analysis
- Data cleaning
- Qualitative data analysis
- Quantitative data analysis
- Data interpretation and reporting
Module 9: Gender consideration in M&E for FSN
- Gender integration during project activities design
- Gender indicators in food security and nutrition programs
- Cross-cutting gender issues in FSN
- Role of M&E in addressing gender
- Measure of gender outcomes
Module 10: Evaluation of Food Security and Nutrition Programs
- Determining evaluation points from results framework
- Components of evaluations, implementation and process evaluations
- Evaluation designs
- Performance evaluation process
- Evaluation findings, sharing, and dissemination
Module 11: Impact Assessment of FSN Programs
- Introduction to impact evaluation
- Impact assessment in program design
- Attribution in impact evaluation
- Impact evaluation methods
Module 12: M&E Results Use and Dissemination
- Use of M&E results to improve and strengthen FSN projects
- Use of M&E Lessons learned and best practices
- M&E reporting
- Design, monitoring, and evaluation of resilience interventions
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com