- This event has passed.
Training on modern data collection using mobile phones platforms: ODK, KoBo Toolbox and Magpi and analysis using SPSS, Epi info and NVivo.On 07/01/2019-11/01/2019
7 January - 11 January
Mobile platforms, when used to collect data, offer many advantages over the traditional paper questionnaires.
- Time -the data is collected and uploaded in real-time
- Cost- saves on papers.
- Reliability. Data collected is not manually compiled reducing errors from double entry
- flexibility,- questionnaires and forms can be updated/edited in real time
- Geo Location, collection of this information further improves on the quality of data
- large sample size, due to reduced costs the sample size can be increased to further improve on the quality of data collected
- no double work, there is no double entry data collected is sent to server
These and other advantages make mobile data collection platforms a preferred method by researchers and it’s definitely the future of data collection in research.
This training will equip participants with the knowledge to collect data using Mobile phone data collection platforms like ODK (open data Kit) and upload them to server and digitally analyse the information using data analysis software like SPSS, Epi-info and NVivo.
Have you and your team of research assistance trained on this new technology and benefit from the first class research results emanating from this new technologies.