- This event has passed.
Training on Grants Management
15 October 2018 @ 08:00 - 19 October 2018 @ 16:30
About the course
Most of the development projects are financed through grants from donors. It is the responsibility of the project management team to ensure that the limited resources are used optimally and efficiently to achieve maximum impact. This course is designed to equip the participants with best practices and essentials skills in effective grants management.
This training is designed for grants management officers/managers, financial managers and the project managers of donor funded projects.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- Handle pre-award activities that will set your program on the right track
- Oversee post-award start-up, operation, and closeout duties
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements
- Address the critical aspects of managing grant finances
- Effectively report grants management progress to stakeholders
Introduction to Grants Management
- What is grants management?
- Grants management and project development
- Key grants-related terminologies
Overview of Project Award Types
- Cooperative Agreements
Types of Grants
o Proposal Submission
- Award of Grant
- Post-Award activities
o Monitoring and Evaluation
o Close out
Elements of Grants Application
- Grants Preparation and Planning
- Developing Goals, and Objectives
- Finalizing and Submitting Grants Application
- Introduction to Grants Budgeting
- Grants Budget Elements
- Budget Development
- Budget Management
Accounting Essentials for Grant
- Accounting multiple grants/ awards
- Tracking of matching funds
- Accounting for in-kind contributions
- Developing account code structure
- Financial and procurement rules
- Contractual agreement
- Donor compliance
- Legislative compliance
- Accounting Standards and Practices
- Community and cultural Compliance
- Contract assessment
- Contract negotiation
- Contract management
Internal Control in Grants Management
- Control environment
- Risk assessment
- Control activities
- Information and communication
- Monitoring activities
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
Contact: +254 714349537