- This event has passed.
Training on Facilitation Skills Development for Extension Workers
25 March - 23 May$1000
Extension workers are deployed in the rural areas to offer extension services in various fields like; agricultural, health services etc. These workers are in contact with the community and offer a great deal of important essential services. Their job description involves training and dissemination of new information and updates to the community. Their training mostly focuses on the technical skills and the TOT programmes focuses on equipping them with more technical skills on particular subject matter. If the extension workers are not versed with appropriate facilitation skills, their training could be boring and one way .
This training is meant to bridge the gap of facilitation skills and enable extension workers deliver their trainings in a seamlessly efficient way.
This course is intended for professionals working as extension workers across various disclipnes like agriculture, health etc.
After completion of the course, the participants will be able to;
- unlearn the traditional mode of training
- Develop efficient participatory training facilitation skills
- Assess the training needs of community clients
- Develop training programs for community clients
- What is unlearning?
- Why unlearn?
- How to unlearn?
Participatory Facilitation skills
- Introduction to facilitation
- Who is a facilitator
- Effective facilitator skills
- Creating environment for learning
- Best learning environment
- Effective Listening in facilitation
- Using feed-back
- Conflict handling
- Cross cultural dynamics
- Code of cross-cultural conduct
- Helpful attitudes and values
- Handling difficult clients
Training gaps assessments
- Matrix analysis in gap identification
- Visuals, cost-benefit analysis using matrices; sharing information on source of input, knowledge, market information etc.
Development of a training programme
- Teaching aids
- Creation of teaching frames
- Content packing and unpacking
Course Delivery Method
This training course will be presented face to face using proven adult participatory andragogy techniques like;
- Participatory Lecture Method
- Power point presentation and animated graphic presentations
- Group discussions
- Brain storming
- Questioning and Answering
- Role play
- Group work
- Qualified Professional Participants must be reasonably proficient in English to understand and fulfill the training requirements
- 5 days
For registration, comment or clarification contacts us on
Tel: +254204400942 or +254706582430