- This event has passed.
TRAINING COURSE ON VALUE CHAIN DEVELOPMENT AND MARKET LINKAGE
3 June 2019 @ 08:00 - 7 June 2019 @ 16:00$1000
This course combines value chain analysis and market based solutions (MBSs) to cater for the requirements of business and enterprises. Value chain analysis helps in the identification of markets, relationship between firms, and challenges that hinder organizational growth. MBS is made possible with the collaboration of markets and private sector in addressing the challenges of value chain. Therefore this course is anchored by the goal of equipping participants to the development of sustainable value chains.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Determine value chain approach importance
- Learn value chain principles that enhance organizational competitiveness
- Understand market development foundations and promotion of value chain
- Determine the needs of the market and identify constrains
- Understand stakeholders roles in value chains
- Establish strategies, interventions, and methods in development of value chain
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets professionals working in the agricultural extension sector, NGOs and governmental corporations, and all individuals interested in learning about value chain development
Introduction to Value Chain Development
- Value chains concepts
- Functions of value chains
- Significance of value chains
- Limitations of value chains
Value Chain Project Design Overview
- Selection of value chain
- Analysis of value chain
- New or existing market-based solutions (mbss) identification
- MBS facilitation identification
- Market-based solutions assessment
- Collaboration structuring and performance monitoring
- Practical examples of value chains in agriculture
Value Chain intervention concept and its relationship to
- Value chain finance
- Partnerships with lead firms
- Enabling environments
- Local economic development
Risk Identification and Management in Value Chains
- Framework of Risk management
- Techniques of the risk management
Strengths & Constraints Analysis in Value Chains
- Analysis of End market
- Governance of Value chain
- Inter-firm relationships
- Sustainable Solutions
Gender Engagement in Value Chains
- Gender analysis and agricultural markets, services and value chains
- Women’s access to productive resources and markets
- Influencing the policy and legal environment
Market Linkages in Value Chain
- Types of market linkages
- Principles for adopting market development approach for enterprise development
- Profitable markets
- Stakeholders’ role in value chains
- Factors affecting the linkages success
- The enabling environment for market linkages
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: ">
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: