- This event has passed.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
27 March 2018 @ 08:00 - 30 March 2018 @ 17:00
Asset Africa Institute, (www.assetafrica.co.ke), is pleased to announce the following training workshop confirmed for Mach 2017 in Goma, DRC.
Training Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Date: 27th -30th March 2017
Venue: Goma, DRC
Duration: 4 full days
Need for Training
Sustainable procurement management strategies, plans and practices are critical components to the maintenance of grant compliance and governance while simultaneously helping establish positive relationships with donors.
For many organizations, the increasingly complicated tendering/contractual systems, effects of fast evolving and complex legal regimes, skills deficit among key personnel in addition to environmental challenges combine to render the setting up of effective institutional procurement systems difficult.
This 4 day training skills staff on how the creative incorporation of unique social and environmental constraints, integration of value for money(VFM) principles, use of life cycle costing in concert with legal compliance can be combined to achieve robust and sustainable procurement systems.
Participants should demonstrate appreciation of the following skills;
- Application Of Budget Based Procurement Planning
- Managing Budget Revisions & Other Changes That Affect Procurement -Budget Reductions, Revised Specifications, Price Fluctuations and Procurement In Disaster Situations.
- Manage Procurement Decisions When Disaster Strikes & Organization Risk Reduction
- Model An Award Review Process To Maintain Compliant Implementation
- Illustrate Procurement Documentation Best Practices
- Identify The Steps Required In Procurement Execution
- Explore The Structure Of Key Donors And How To Build Cooperative Relationships With Key Players
- Discuss When Approvals, Waivers And Extensions Are Required And How To Obtain Them
- Help Prepare Your Organization To Meet The Criteria For Successful Audits
- Appreciate The Importance Of Fair And Open Competition And Common Issues Affecting Competition: Sole Sources, Unwillingness Of Vendors To Provide Written Bids; And Cultural Issues That May Arise In Procurement.
- Understanding The Procurement Jargon
- An Overview Of The Procurement Process/ Procurement Cycle
- Debunking Procurement Myths
- Procurement & Organizational Strategy
- Procurement And Change Management
- Procurement Planning
- Designing A Procurement Strategy For Your Organization
- The Tendering Process, Tender Evaluation & Selection Criteria
- Tender Negotiations
- Procurement Risk Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Effective Management Of New Suppliers
- Contracts And Contract Management And Administration
- Contract Law: Appreciation Of The Relevance Of These And Understand Why They Exist
- Monitoring Supplier Performance
- Procurement Ethics
- Supply Market Analysis Specifications
- Engaging And Managing Stakeholders
- Application Of Life Cycle Costing
- Writing Specifications And Terms Of Reference (TOR)
- Selection Of Methods (RFQ, ITB And RFP)
- Bidding: Preparation Of The Bid Documents, Receipt, Opening, Evaluation & Bid Award
- Contract Approval Process
- Committee Submissions And Approvals
- Contract Award And Management: Terms And Skills
- Performance Monitoring
- Effective Dispute Management
- Ethics And Integrity In Procurement
Who Should Attend
- Procurement, Contracts, Grants/Finance/ Administrative/Compliance Staff & Planners from Local/National NGOs, INGOs, UN Agencies, EU, Government & Universities Staff
- Individuals who Develop Procurement Budgets & those who Implement, Monitor and Report on Procurement
- Staff who are Establishing & Implementing Programs that include Procurement Functions
About the Organization
Asset Africa Institute (www.assetafrica.co.ke) -AAI- specializes in the research, design and delivery of high quality and affordable training programs for development workers worldwide. Over the years, AAI has provided consultancies and training to such reputable organizations as: Federal University, Birnin Kebbi-Nigeria, Norwegian Church Aid-Zambia, ACOMIN-Nigeria, Salvation Army-Tanzania, Love Botswana Outreach Mission, Islamic Relief-Somalia, Cornerstone Development-Uganda, IOM-South Sudan, DCA-Ethiopia, Africa Rice Center -Benin, Rwanda Union of the Blind, Sasakawa Africa Association-Ethiopia, Harare Institute of Technology-Zimbabwe, CARE-International-Mali, Mazommo Construction Company-Liberia, CARE-International-Niger, UNDP-Somalia, HEAL Africa-DRC, Diakonia, NGO Safety-Somalia,County Government of Siaya-Kenya, Oxfam GB-Yemen, Generations for Peace-Jordan, CBR Africa Network-Uganda, Victoria Finance PLC-Tanzania, PSI-Benin among others.
For more information regarding the training, contact;
Asset Africa Institute
Trust Mansion Hse, Tubman Road off Koinange Street
P.O. Box 12903 – 00100
Phone: +254 -722 469454/+254720986965