Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) Management Course
14 October - 25 October
Course Date: 14th – 25th October, 2019 for 10 Days
Organizer: Foscore Development Center
This course is aimed primarily at NGO staff with management responsibilities, and for individuals who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in preparation for moving into such positions. This programme provides a critical overview of the major issues involved in NGO management, with an emphasis on organizations working in development and poverty-reduction in the based region.
Who should attend?
- Project and programme managers
- Team leaders
- Newcomers to the non-profit sector
- Consultants who carry out assignments for NGOs.
- outline the distinctive characteristics of NGOs
- Provide an overview of the issues facing NGOs as development organizations
- Principal types and instruments in international development cooperation
- Understand the role and challenges of NGOs vis-a-vis the development concerns of the community
- Special challenges of NGO management
- Provide a range of tools, techniques and skills for the effective management of organisational learning, strategy and change within NGOs.
- Familiarization with Results-Based Management
- Project management
- Process of internal assessments and about the use of and main criteria for external evaluations
- Selecting marketing tools for fundraising
- criteria of donor agencies in supporting a project
- structure and prepare a grant proposal
- principles of good communication and negotiations
- Developing and lead a team plus resolve conflicts skills
- criteria for successful human resource management
Module 1: Understanding NGOs
- Stages of an NGO
- Factors necessary to build an NGO of good quality
- Need Assessment
- SWOT analysis
- Getting a legal status
Module 2: vision, principles, mission, strategies
- NGO leadership and governance
- NGO mission and strategy
- Decide on good strategies and goals
- Vision built on principles
- Gender policy
- NGO structure and systems
Module 3: Building sustainability institutional
- Workshop technique
- Sustainability in Projects
- sustainability and training people
- Building sustainability through strong networks
- challenges to building a network
Module 4: Managing People
- Building good structures
- Formal NGO
- Specialization among the staff
- building and sustaining the principles
- Africa and western model of organizations
- NGO structure
- Improving the staff functioning
- supervision/ support of the workers
- Building and sustaining an effective board
- good group functioning
- institutional sustainability
Module 5: Marketing
- non-profit brand development
- planning the funding needs of the NGO
- Social media marketing
- agencies with funds
Module 6: Mobilizing and managing financial resources
- approach to making budgets
- role of budgeting
- Managing the money
- Managing scarce resources
- financial control
- important financial management
- Financial accounting versus management accounting
- accounting rules
Module 7 The project cycle
- Monitoring and evaluating NGO performance and -Identifying the real problems and needs
- Monitoring and evaluation
- criteria used in evaluation
- monitoring and evaluation tools
- performance indicators
- logical framework approach
- theory based evaluation
- formal surveys
- rapid appraisal methods
- participatory methods
- impact evaluation
- four models of impact evaluation
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
- Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
- For any enquiry at: or +254712260031
- Click to View course content and register as individual or group using this link
- Click to View Business and Governance courses calendar 2019
- Click to view All Courses calendar 2019