- This event has passed.
Multi-Hazard risk assessment Training
18 June - 22 June
Event Details: Multi-Hazard risk assessment Training
This course deals with the procedures to collect, analyze and evaluate spatial information for risk assessmentfrom natural and human-induced hazards (such as geological hazard, hydro-meteorological hazards, environmental hazards and technological hazards). The course will guide you through the entire process of riskassessment, on the basis of a case study of a city exposed to multiple hazards, in a developing country (RiskCity). Also, a number of case studies are used from Europe (Italy, France), China, and Georgia.
- understand the concepts of hazard assessment, elements at risk mapping, vulnerability assessment, and risk assessment;
- formulate the spatial data requirements for risk assessment;
- generate an elements at risk database using GIS;
- formulate the requirements of hazard data and methods;
- apply various methods for vulnerability assessment;
- generate risk maps using qualitative and quantitative methods;
- have insight into how a risk assessment could be carried out in your own situation;
- introduction to disaster risk management and risk assessment
- Obtaining spatial data for risk assessment
- Presentation of data requirements for the various types of hazards. Sources of spatial data.
- Hazard Assessment
- Hazard types; Main concepts of hazard assessment; Frequency magnitude – relationships
- Types of vulnerability; social vulnerability; physical vulnerability; methods for vulnerability assessment; participatory GIS; Spatial Multi-Criteria Evaluation
- Risk assessment
- Risk management
- Risk evaluation; risk governance; risk communication; cost-benefit analysis; Using risk information for emergency planning; spatial planning, and Environmental Impact Assessment
EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE BOOKING
To view event details and book your space online click on this link [[EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION