Monitoring & Evaluation Training Workshop
7 March - 9 March
Capacity Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce the following Training workshops to be held in the Months of March 2018 respectively.
Capacity Africa Institute (www.capacityafrica.com is an organization that was established in 1999 to promote quality capacity building among development professionals and communities in Africa.
The organization currently runs training programmes in Kenya,Somalia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo and South Sudan training over three thousand development workers in the last thirteen years. We have collaborated very closely with Action Aid Kenya, Unicef Kenya Country Office, Undp Kenya, Unifem East Africa, Population Services International, World Health Organization, Ministry of Health, Federation of Women Lawyers-FIDA, Amref, National Council for Population and Development, Nation Media Group ,Shell Kenya and Shell International, Path, Techno serve, One Love One World, National Aids Control Council, Center for British Teachers, JRS Sudan, Christian Mission Aid, Sudanese Red Cross, Mercy Corps International, Tear Fund, Oxfam GB, Haki Kazi, ADRA South Sudan Sector Programme among others.
MONITORING & EVALUATION 7th – 9TH of March 2018
Overall Course Objective: To increase your project monitoring and evaluation skills for effective and successful project implementation and tracking for results while expanding your career opportunities. Overall Course Outcome:
This onsite certificate -level course from Capacity Africa Institute is a comprehensive review of Monitoring and Evaluation as an important ingredient for effective project implementation .
The monitoring and evaluation course will introduce learners to tools and techniques to measure and report project/programme results to your stakeholders, including donors, funders, supervisors or the general public. At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with the components of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan, and methods and tools to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
The course will enable you to prepare the ground for undertaking monitoring and evaluation and analyzing the results. Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation will also help participants understand the key components for effective M&E in order to improve management performance and evidenced based decision making.
Who Should Participate?
Professionals such as Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Program Officers, Project managers and other professionals who are involved in the monitoring and evaluation process will benefit from this course.
• Introduction – Introduction to monitoring and evaluation terms and concepts
• Difference between monitoring and evaluation.
• The need for monitoring and evaluation in development projects
• Monitoring in all process of the project cycle
• Types of indicators and Identifying outcome indicators for your project
• Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
• Types of Frameworks
• Role of in Monitoring and Evaluation planning
• Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
• Describe the functions of an M&E plan
• Describe the main elements of an M&E plan
• Define standards for an M&E plan
• Implementation modalities
• Data Collection, Capture, and Data Quality Checks
• Identify types of data collection tools, Identify type of tools at each M &E level.
• Define data capture Identify key steps in data capture.
• Define data quality Quantitative methods, Qualitative methods Data Analysis, Interpretation and Reporting.
• Role of data analysis in monitoring and evaluation.
• Types of data analysis, Interpretation of data,
• Deciding which reporting methods to use.
• Writing an effective M/E report, Communication of M&E findings for action and accountability
MONITORING AND EVALUATION TRAINING WORKSHOP
DATES: 7th – 9th MARCH 2018
VENUE: THE MERIDIAN HOTEL, NAIROBI
FEES: KSHS. 50,000/- (USD 500) PER PERSON
The fee caters for lunch and two teas, tuition, training materials and a certificate.
Training Package is Value for the Money. Training will be facilitated by professional with hands on skills and great wealth of experience. Participants coming from outside NAIROBI are requested to organize their own accommodation and transport. We can however reserve accommodation space for you at the training venue.
Payment should be made in Cash, Cheque or bank transfer to Capacity Africa Institute Account.
Training Methodology Combination of lectures, didactic exercise, role plays, group working and question and answer approaches.
Kindly confirm your participation with:
The Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute
Muthaiga Shopping COMPLEX
Tel: +254723803505/ 723-305-358