- This event has passed.
Mainstreaming Gender into Community-Based Disaster Risk Management Training
16 July - 20 July
The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, the global roadmap for disaster risk reduction from 2015 – 2030 recognizes the importance of gender dimensions in disaster risk reduction (DRR) and calls for inclusiveness and engagement of all society. Sendai Framework called for:
“a gender, age, disability and cultural perspective in all policies and practices; and the promotion of women and youth leadership; in this context, special attention should be paid to the improvement of organized voluntary work of citizens.”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training is meant for project managers, DRR officials, Gender professionals, government officials, CBO operatives, NGO employees, UN Staff and anyone involved in project management activities
In general, the course aims to integrate the gender perspective in disaster risk management to ensure that both women and men have the necessary capacities in addressing their respective vulnerabilities to enable them to protect themselves, their families and their immediate communities.
Specifically, the course aims to:
- Review the concepts of disasters and Community-Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM)
- Introduce participants to the gender perspective in CBDRM and the process of gender integration in CBDRM
- Expose the participants on the process of gender-sensitive risk assessment
- Introduce the participants to Gender-Sensitive Disaster Risk Management for effective disaster risk reduction, response, and recovery.
- Why is it important to consider gender issues in CBDRM?
- Gender Perspective in CBDRM?
- Gender mainstreaming in CBDRM
- Understanding early warning
- The need for gender-sensitive early warning system
- How to build a gender-sensitive early warning system
- What are gender-sensitive indicators?
- How to build good gender-sensitive indicators
- How to use indicators during the programme cycle of a disaster risk reduction intervention
CONTACT DETAILS & ONLINE BOOKING
To register online to book your spot, click on this link [Online Registration Form]
Call us: +254 739 167 709 | E-mail: