- This event has passed.
Grant Management Training
28 May 2018 - 1 June 2018
This course is comprehensive on grants management and fundraising, spanning the grants lifecycle from pre-award through grant closeout. The course provides the Federal, pass-through, and recipient workforces with the knowledge and skills they need to improve the program and public accountability, efficiency, and outcomes for beneficiaries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Program managers, Finance and non-finance managers, administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations, administrators, sub-recipients, or persons involved in grants related activities and responsibilities within an organization or civil society organizations. Anyone involved with the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to;
- Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions
- Understand the donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements
- Managing multiple-funded programs
- Understand proposal writing, project planning, and problem analysis
- Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report
- Describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant
- Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence
- Appreciate the contribution of the different functions within the organization (program and project staff) and cultivate good work relationship between the teams, finance and program staff working closely for Successful grant management
- Develop Grants management planning implementation and reporting tools
- Develop Proposal writing skills, Project Planning and Project problem analysis