Gender Mainstreaming in Agriculture and Rural Development Training
12 November @ 09:00 - 16 November @ 17:00
Agriculture is central to the livelihoods of the rural poor and in the attainment of suitable development goals; gender equality further plays a crucial role in the achievement of these goals. However, gender differences arising from the socially constructed relationships between men and women affect the distribution of resources between them and cause many disparities in development. Consequently; gender issues must be addressed because agriculture can be the engine of growth that is necessary to reduce food insecurity and rural poverty. This training course is therefore intended to help participants address gender issues and integrate gender-responsive actions in the design and implementation of agricultural projects and rural development programs.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Gain basic skills in gender mainstreaming.
- Understand the place of gender in rural development.
- Seek to assist in advancing gender equality in agriculture and rural development sector
- Understand the gender issues and needs in the agriculture sector.
- Acquire skills on mainstreaming gender in the agriculture sector.
- Appreciate the need for gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation in agriculture and food security.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Gender and Rural Development
Module 3: Gender and agriculture livelihoods
Module 4: Gender issues and needs in the agriculture sector
Module 5: Mainstreaming gender in the agriculture policy sector
Module 6: Gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation in agriculture and food security
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
Register Online to participate in this training.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com