- This event has passed.
Gender Based Violence Training
12 November - 16 November
This training is aimed at building the capacity and commitment of participants to undertake programs targeted at eradicating gender-based violence and to develop a new movement for gender equality.
The course offers a detailed examination of the concepts of gender, gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights.
It further seeks to explore the impact of gender-based violence on various sectors of development e.g. education, health and agricultural development.
The overall purpose of the training programme is to increase participant’s knowledge and understanding of the concept of gender, and gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights.
It will further take a look at the various forms of gender-based violence and the core principles for a code of conduct, reporting mechanisms and developing a programmatic response.
- The components of Gender and violence
- Gender Dynamics and Development
- Understanding Gender-based Violence
- Dynamics of violent relationships
- Myths and facts about GBV
- Role of health systems in the response to GBV
- The Concept of Gender Mainstreaming
- The Role of Men and women in Gender Mainstreaming
- Sector-based Gender Mainstreaming
- Gender Mainstreaming and the SDGs
- Action Against Gender-based Violence
- International Legal Instruments dealing with GBV
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on this link Online Registration Form
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on the details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.