- This event has passed.
Financial Modeling and Valuation Course
15 July 2019 - 20 December 2019
The course extends the core theory introduced in Principles of Finance by emphasizing its practical application to strategic financial decisions and potential financial problems.
Who should attend?
- Financial Analysis
- Business Entrepreneurs
- Business managers
- Investment officers
- Managing directors
- Analyzing and understand an income statement
- Analyzing and understand a balance sheet
- Analyzing and understand a cash flow
- Understanding use of financial modeling in financial reporting
- Use of Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Weighted Average Cost of Capital
- Use of excel in financial modeling
Module 1: Valuation
Introduction to valuation
- The importance of valuation
- Understanding enterprise value and equity value
Comparable Company Analysis
- Selecting comparable companies
- Spreading comparable companies
- Analyzing the valuation multiples
- Concluding and understanding value
Precedent Transactions Analysis
- Selecting comparable transactions
- Spreading comparable transactions
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis
- Understanding unlevered free cash flow
- Forecasting free cash flow
- Forecasting terminal value
- Present value and discounting
- Understanding stub periods
- Performing sensitivity analysis
Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Using the CAPM to estimate the cost of equity
- Estimating the cost of debt
- Understanding and analyzing WACC
Module 2: Building an Integrated Cash Flow Model
Introduction to financial modeling
- Understanding the links between the financial statements
- Understanding circularity
- Setting up and formatting the model
- Selecting model drivers and assumptions
Modeling and projecting the financial statements
- Projecting the income statement
- Projecting the balance sheet
- Projecting the cash flow statement
- Creating the debt and interest schedule
- Revolver modeling
Analyzing and concluding the model
- Analyzing the output
- Stress testing the model
- Fixing modeling errors
- Advanced modeling techniques
- Using the model to create a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
- Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
- For any enquiry at: or +254712260031
- View course content and register as individual or group using this link
- View Business and Governance courses calendar 2019
- View All Courses calendar 2019