DIPLOMA IN MONITORING AND EVALUATION
10 May @ 08:00 - 30 September @ 17:00
ACPM 014: DIPLOMA IN MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Africa Center for Project Management (ACPM) in partnership with SCIM Institute, Netherlands is pleased to announce a Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation. The course is offered throughDistance Learning.
Start Date : 10th May 2018.
End Date : 1st August 2018.
Now more than ever, funding organizations seek more accountability for the funds they provide to development projects. Development organizations understand they are more likely to receivefuture funding if they can deliver and show results. That’s why employees who have specialized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) skills are in demand. This specialized knowledge helps toassess a project’s performance and its lasting impact.
The program provides students with competencies in the following areas:
- International development project design
- Monitoring and evaluation methods
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods for field-based monitoring and evaluation
- Historical contexts and critiques of monitoring and evaluation
- Innovations and the practice of impact evaluation for organizational learning
- Management of monitoring and evaluation functions and teams
The program will include opportunities to learn monitoring and evaluation techniques that are connected to specific sectors and are connected to the values of the organizations, including health,economic development, gender, youth, environment, education, and government
- Monitoring and Evaluation and Integrated Part of Project planning and
- Evaluation Types and Modules
- Monitoring and Evaluation Tools and methods
- Data Analysis and report writing
- Why Monitoring and Evaluation
- Designing a Monitoring system
- Baseline Control
- Result Based Management
- Project management Techniques in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understanding the Project
- Stake holder Analysis
- Importance of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Cluster Development
- Community Based Participatory Research
- Participatory Evaluation
- Choosing questions and Planning for Evaluation
- Information Gathering and Synthesis
- Qualitative and Quantitative Evaluation Design
- Selecting appropriate Design
- Collecting and Analyzing Data
- Collecting and Use of Archival Data
- Refining Project based on Evaluation
- Using Evaluation Design to answer to answer key questions about your Project
- Providing Feedback
- Communicating information
- Evaluation Report Outline
This course is designed specifically for development organizations.
Africa Center for Project Management (ACPM) was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi. The organization was formed to address capacity buildingneeds among development and corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online Certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over
ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development Professionals in various thematic areas.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
Assignments: There are ten assignments
(continuous assessment tests) and one examination to be offered at the end of the course or student to submit a project paper. Assignments and Continuous Assessment Tests accountfor 70% while Examination accounts for 30% of the mark. Upon completion of the course you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 24Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE: FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management (ACPM)
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT
The Academics Coordinator
Africa Center for Project Management
Krishna Center, Wood vale Groove,