CREATE HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS THAT HAVE REAL IMPACT
24 July 2018 @ 08:00 - 24 July 2019 @ 17:00
CREATE HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS THAT HAVE REAL IMPACT
ACHIEVE BETTER OUTCOMES FOR COMMUNITIES AND GAIN DONOR SUPPORT USING OUR STEP-BY-STEP METHODS AND PRACTICAL TOOLS
Do you find it a challenge to:
- Create projects that deliver positive, measurable change for the communities you’re trying to serve?
- Keep those projects on track?
- Keep your team focused on results rather than just day-to-day implementation?
Then RBM – Results-Based Management – is the solution.
RBM helps you plan, implement and monitor humanitarian projects that deliver what stakeholders actually need and donors will support. Using RBM, you’ll finally be able to demonstrate the value your project provides, gaining a track record for success.
Results-Based Management has been a top priority of the United Nations and other donor agencies since 2005. But despite its proven value, many organisations are still planning, implementing and monitoring projects in the same old way.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
When you get your team focused on results instead of just on implementation, you benefit from:
- Better results for communities and stakeholders
- Projects that provide real value
- Increased donor support
A Results-Based Management approach helps your team:
- Design projects that better meet stakeholders’ needs
- More easily monitor and evaluate projects
- Work together more efficiently
The result? A reputation for success as a team that creates positive, measurable change for communities.
“RBM is not a tool – it is a mindset, a way of working that looks beyond processes and activities, to focus on the actual social and economic benefits of projects for beneficiaries.” – UN Habitat
What Our Practical RBM Course Will Teach You
- How to apply the Results-Based Management philosophy and principles to drive highly impactful community results
- How to use the Logical Framework Approach (LFA) to easily design, monitor and evaluate humanitarian projects
- How to use RBM and LFA in a collaborative way to consistently deliver a high level of positive, measurable change that will please donors
You will gain the skills to:
- Create your own project from start to finish
- Create an M&E Toolkit for your project
- Build a Monitoring and Evaluation plan so everyone knows what they are doing
We’ve dedicated ourselves to helping you create positive, measurable change for your communities and stakeholders, but don’t take our word for it …
“As a result of the training RBM is now our in-house tool for project evaluation and appraisal and we mainstream RBM in all our 37 project offices across Nigeria. Neil opened my eyes to critical issues of linking activities to results and impacts, and his ability to deconstruct and demystify M&E made the training a life-changing experience” – Dr Steve Ogidan, National Coordinating Consultant, Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk-Sharing System for Agricultural Lending
“Neil is a wonderful trainer who lets the participants have in-depth knowledge of the course. And the way the course has been designed and is conducted really helps to grasp a good knowledge on the subject matter” – Kanchan Ojha, Monitoring and Evaluation Associate, WORLD WIDE FUND FOR NATURE (WWF) NEPAL
WELCOME FROM INSTRUCTOR NEIL KENDRICK
Hello – and thanks for checking out this course!
I’m truly excited to teach you the vital skills involved in becoming a successful RBM / M&E professional.
For over 20 years, I’ve been helping development professionals like you get better results for their projects and beneficiaries, keeping their donors happy in the process.
From my worldwide experience, you’ll quickly learn what works and what doesn’t. I’ve trained extensively in more than 20 countries throughout Africa and Asia, as well as conducting assignments in the UK and USA – working with development professionals from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds and sectors.
I’ve worked with big INGOs such as Save the Children, Care and Oxfam, bilaterals including DFID, USAID and SNV, and multilateral donors like UNICEF, UNHCR and UNDP. My knowledge encompasses community forestry, IDPs, child rights, agriculture, maternal health and many other sectors.
Through my experience as a global trainer and consultant, I’ve developed this practical, step-by-step course for aspiring RBM / M&E professionals like you. With my guidance, you’ll soon be able to:
- Deliver the best possible outcomes for your stakeholders
- Keep getting support from your donors for the great work you are doing
- Focus your teams on creating positive, measurable change
So join me now, on this journey to real impact for your communities and stakeholders!
“The training videos, slides, tutor comments and the printable PDF materials are more than enough now for me to call myself an RBM professional.” – Philip Taiwo, Programme Manager,
Imani House, Liberia
PICK THE PERFECT COURSE LEVEL FOR YOU
This practical course has been designed for development professionals like you based on hundreds of hours of hands-on RBM / M&E training throughout Europe, Asia and Africa.
Read about the benefits of the two packages below to decide which one is right for you.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: ACCESS TO THE WHOLE COURSE, FOREVER
WHAT YOU GET:
- IMMEDIATE, LIFETIME ACCESS to a step-by-step course full of short, clear and practical videos, examples, case studies, discussions and tasks, along with handouts, templates and all the reference materials you will ever need – all downloadable so you don’t miss a thing and yours forever
- HARD COPY CERTIFICATE in your hands, right to your door, within two weeks of completing the course
- ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP OF THE PRIVATE ELD PROFESSIONALS FORUM
- The Forum is private, online space where you can post completed work for feedback, challenges faced and questions for support in your journey to becoming an RBM / M&E Professional.
- WEEKLY LIVE VIDEO Q&A CLASSES
- Join weekly sessions where you can interact live with the trainer and other participants. Sessions cover:
- Questions raised in the forum
- Case studies and walkthroughs
- Extra topics on request
EXPERT LEVEL – COACHING AND HELPING YOU WITH YOUR M&E PLAN
WHAT YOU GET:
- EVERYTHING IN THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
- PERSONAL ONE-TO-ONE COACHING
- You send us work completed such as your Logical Framework and M&E Plan and we’ll give you detailed personal one-to-one feedback over 2 x 1-hour video coaching sessions – making sure your project plan and M&E plan are of global standard.
“The training helped me to improve my knowledge on how to develop social projects more efficiently. The course provides good learning on how to develop projects with better performance and greater accountability by applying a clear logical framework to plan, manage and measure an intervention with a focus on the results you want to achieve.” – Elçin Demirel, Regional Coordinator, TAMEB (German-Turkish Partnership for Vocational Skills Development)
SO WHAT’S IN THE COURSE?
The course begins with an orientation module that gives an overview of the course and gives you an opportunity to share your expectations and personal objectives. It also clarifies how to work with the material, so you can get the most of what’s to come.
We then look at RBM itself – where it came from and what it is. We explore the concepts or results and the results chain and consider the practical considerations of applying Results-Based Management. (We come back to this topic at the end of the course, too, once we have had enough time to work practically through the course and are getting ready to apply to our own projects.)
You will also develop a thorough understanding of the Logical Framework Approach, and get started on the first part of your extended task when you start to analyse the context and problems facing your selected target group. Along the way you will learn the various key methods for Context Analysis how to use the Problem Tree tool to describe the causes and effects of a particular problem facing your target community / beneficiaries. Expect a number of tasks and exercises along the way, after which you will be able to build your own Problem Tree, creating a foundation for a successful project. We then turn to Stakeholder Analysis / Engagement, Setting Objectives and Planning a Strategy.
Stakeholder engagement is key to project effectiveness, and we will examine:
- The what and why of stakeholder analysis
- The four steps of stakeholder analysis
- Win-win strategies to keep stakeholders informed / engaged without negatively impacting project resources
- Stakeholder communication and engagement
You will also create a stakeholder management and communication plan for your project.
You are also going to learn how to set objectives for your project – the outcome and impact, the higher level results of positive, intended social change you aim to bring about.
And you will learn the what and why of project strategy: how to identify approaches and use SWOT to analyse these so you can synthesise these into a prioritised strategy to bring about the intended results.
From here we start building the Logical Framework itself. For your own project you will define the outcome, impact, outputs, activities and inputs and test the results chain. You will identify external factors your project depends on – the project context – and be able to verify your own project’s design. You will also develop Indicators and Means of Verification for your own project so your Logframe is complete.Next we go deeper into M&E – creating an M&E Toolkit and an M&E Plan. Here we examine results-based M&E and the various data collection methods we can use. We also learn how to group indicators for more efficient, smooth and synergistic data collection and analysis before creating the toolkit itself.
You also build an M&E Plan for your project. This is a master document that everyone in the project can refer to and captures the entire M&E process, including detailed descriptions of all indicators and how data will flow through the project to ensure timely decision making.
The course wraps up with exploring how to establish an M&E system within your own project and how to operationalise RBM.
AND HOW MUCH IS ALL OF THIS WORTH?
When it comes to putting a value on better results for your projects and beneficiaries, how much should you invest?
Applying even just a small part of what you learn on this course will increase your project’s impact and cost-effectiveness – and, just like donors, we all want results and value for money.
Flying to a training, with all its extra costs, can often run into 1000s of dollars per person: think about travel costs, hotel bills, training fees, daily allowances and – of course – interrupted projects – it all adds up.
And for less than the travel costs alone, in just a few moments you could have:
- Immediate and lifetime access to a complete, structured, step-by-step practical training based on 1000s of hours experience in helping development professionals like you achieve the best possible results for your projects and communities – all downloadable so you don’t miss a thing
- Access to expert support through the ELD Professionals Forum where you can share work for feedback and seek support
- Weekly live face-to-face video sessions where you can join the trainer and other participants to discuss questions raised and cover new topics
And all of this – the course, and one year’s membership of the ELD Professionals Forum forum and weekly live classes – is just 525 USD per person at Professional Level, and 925 USD if you sign up at Expert Level for extra, personalised coaching.
READY TO ENROL?
Click the link below, choose your level and get started today!
For group enrolments, or if you prefer to pay by bank draft. please contact us directly.
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, mail us within 7 days for a full refund, no questions asked.
WHY STUDY ONLINE WITH US?
When considering RBM / M&E training, there are many benefits that make online study with ELD a practical, economic, flexible and effective investment, such as:
- Downloadable lesson videos you can always refer to so you don’t miss a thing
- No travel costs – no hotels, planes and daily expenses to budget for
- Start when you like and work at your own pace – without interrupting your work or ongoing projects and develop your own project step-by-step with us
- Our 20-year proven track record of success training development professionals like you get to better results for their projects and beneficiaries, keeping their donors happy in the process.
“Wonderful materials, perfect explanation videos and no chance of missing anything. If we follow this course, at the end we have new project with a perfect M&E system. The Forum helps us to share our views and get help. The course is also cost-effective and can be done without affecting routine work.” – Vamathevan Valavan, Consultant working 10 years as a M&E focal point (UNDP, INGOs), Sri Lanka
PRICING: US$ 525 – 925 Please see above for detailed breakdown of price options
Sign up page at https://eldtraining.teachable.com/p/mfr