- This event has passed.
Contingency Planning Training
25 June 2018 - 29 June 2018
Strengthening disaster preparedness at global, regional and national is critical to save lives, protect livelihoods and strengthen recovery from disasters and crises. However, significant gaps exist in the many international development systems in the coordination of disaster and emergency preparedness efforts. These can be addressed by better integrating contingency planning and business continuity planning into organization processes through establishing agreed standards and tools for multi-hazard emergency preparedness.
The training will aid participants in the understanding of;
- What is contingency planning?
- When and how to plan
- Humanitarian reform and the cluster system
- Principles, quality and accountability
- Data collection and practical steps to prepare for planning
- Vulnerability and capacity assessment (VCA)
- Risk analysis
- Disaster impacts
- Developing scenarios
- Activation of the plan
- Management: Internal management structure, human resources (including volunteers), assessment, logistics, communications, resource mobilization (including the Disaster Relief Emergency Fund – DREF), media and information
- Coordination: Movement (including international and regional disaster management tools), government, external. Includes humanitarian reform and cluster responsibilities
- Quality and accountability: Standards; principles of response.
- Preparedness gap analysis and action plans
- Standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Early warning, alert systems and triggers
- Logistics and programme readiness
- Human resources
- Resource mobilization
- Training and simulation
- Linkages and communications
- Updating and evaluating the plan
- Evaluating during (real-time) and after the response
EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE BOOKING
To view more details, click on this link [EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION ]