- This event has passed.
Climate change vulnerability and adaptation strategy Training 10th -14th September 2018
10 September - 14 September
Event Details: Climate Risk Management in A Changing Environment
Climate change and its impacts have become one of the most significant challenges of the 21st century. Climate-related risks, whether concurrent or prospective, need to be addressed swiftly as part of development strategies at all levels.
With population expansion and rapid industrialization in both developed and developing countries, policy-makers need to ensure resilience to the possible exacerbation of risks caused by hydro-meteorological hazards due to climate change. However, understanding the science of climate change and integrating adaption measures into development policies and practices has become a challenge for development and disaster risk reduction practitioners.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the science, systems and societal issues of climate change, impacts of climate change and their linkages with climate-induced extreme events
- Assess specific sector vulnerabilities to climate change in different settings
- Utilize decision support systems for assessing climate impacts, vulnerabilities and risks and use the tools for designing climate risk management policies, programs, and interventions
- Discuss climate change planning processes for designing climate risk management policies, strategies, programs and interventions
- Identify a menu of options for climate risk management to a given context
- Share good practices and lessons learned on climate risk management (CRM) from different contexts
- Develop hands-on skills on how to develop a CRM initiative using the existing knowledge in an innovative learning environment
Event Booking and Online Registration
To view register online and book your spot, click on this link [Register Online Here]
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.