Budget Formulation and Implementation
22 March @ 08:00 - 23 March @ 17:00
Asset Africa Institute, (www.assetafrica.co.ke), is pleased to announce the following training workshop confirmed for March 2018 in Goma, DRC.
Workshop Title: Budget Formulation and Implementation
Date: 22nd -23rd March 2018
Venue: Goma, DRC
Cost: USD 495
A good budgeting process is a major and critical factor for project success. Indeed, the benefits of a good budgeting process cannot be overemphasized: it helps establish vital linkages to organizational goals, focuses budget decisions on results and outcomes, promotes effective intra-organization and stakeholder communication, helps achieve goal congruence, clarifies an organization’s competitive priorities and strategies for the future, improves decision making, facilitates the effective utilization of grant funds and provides managers with realistic performance targets.
Overall Objective: Strengthening the competencies of organization staff in formulation, implementation and performance evaluation to secure and consolidate the benefits of budget effectiveness to enhance program success.
Benefits of the training
The training will enable the participants to correctly demonstrate the following abilities:
- An Appreciation Of Good Budgeting Practices As Key Financial Management Tools For Mitigation Of Financial Misappropriation And Promotion Of Transparency And Accountability Among The NGOs
- Appreciation Of Factors Influencing The Achievement Of Budget Targets.
- Enhanced Appreciation Of The Budgeting Process In Relation To Budget Variance In NGOs
- Improved Understanding Of The Challenges NGOs Face In Implementing Projects Budgets By Identifying Gaps Of Budgeting Process.
- An Appreciation Of The Role Of Forecasting In The Establishment Of Realistic Budgets
- An Appreciation Of Effective Procedures, Guidelines And Operational Implementation Policies In The Allocation Of Funds And To Minimize Challenges In Budget Implementation
- An Appreciation Of The Behavioral Aspects Of Budgeting In Building Meaningful Estimates
- An Appreciation Of The Budget As An Important Organization Management Tool
- This Forum Provides An Excellent Opportunity For Experience Sharing Among Participants From A Diverse Context To Improve On The Budgeting Process To Strengthen Budget Outcomes.
Broad Course Content
- Overview Of Current Thinking Around Budgeting
- Budgeting Planning V/S Strategy
- Mastering The Budget Formulation Cycle- Overview Of The Budgeting Process & Principles Of Budgeting
- Activity Based Budgeting: Formulation Of Activities, Determining Cost Drivers
- Budget Ownership
- Principles, Strategies And Conditions For Budget Revision
- Forecasting And Budgeting Approaches: Least Squares, Specialized Mathematical Models, Multiple Regression Analysis Methods, Time Series Analysis, “Naive Forecasting”
- Budget Implementation &Responsibility Centers
- Budget Control & Control Environment
- Responsibility & Accountability For Budget Holders
- Monthly Monitoring & Implementation Tools
- Organizational Support & Leadership For Attainment Of The Budget Goals
- Budget Variance, Variance Analysis & Decision Making
- Strategies And Tools For Evaluation Of Budget Performance
- Executive Directors/ Program Managers/Officers, Finance Managers/Officers, Grant Managers, Heads of Department, Senior Administrators, Heads of Sections and other Managers who are accountable for units/ departmental budget, and whose actions contribute significantly to the organization attaining its annual budget.
Dynamic, creative, participant centered, practical, interactive, interesting adult learning methodologies and diverse media are applied to lift the participants to high levels of proficiency. After-training, follow-up and remedial coaching will be offered to interested participants on request for free.
About the Organization
Asset Africa Institute (www.assetafrica.co.ke) -AAI- specializes in the research, design and delivery of high quality and affordable training programs for development workers worldwide. Over the years, AAI has provided consultancies and training to such reputable organizations as: Federal University, Birnin Kebbi-Nigeria, Norwegian Church Aid-Zambia, ACOMIN-Nigeria, Salvation Army-Tanzania, Love Botswana Outreach Mission, Islamic Relief-Somalia, Cornerstone Development-Uganda, IOM-South Sudan, DCA-Ethiopia, Africa Rice Center -Benin, Rwanda Union of the Blind, Sasakawa Africa Association-Ethiopia, Harare Institute of Technology-Zimbabwe, CARE-International-Mali, Mazommo Construction Company-Liberia, CARE-International-Niger, UNDP-Somalia, HEAL Africa-DRC, Diakonia, NGO Safety-Somalia,County Government of Siaya-Kenya, Oxfam GB-Yemen, Generations for Peace-Jordan, CBR Africa Network-Uganda, Victoria Finance PLC-Tanzania, PSI-Benin among others.
For further information, kindly contact;
Asset Africa Institute,
Trust Mansion Hse,
Tubman Road off Koinange Street
P.O. Box 12903 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: +254 -722 469454/720986965