- This event has passed.
Attend a Workshop on Advanced skills in Excel And Statistics
8 October 2018 @ 08:00 - 2 November 2018 @ 17:00
We are delighted to invite you and your team to join other participants from public service institutions from Kenya and abroad for a five (5) days training workshop on Advanced Excel and Statistical Data Analysis using Excel to take place at Beaumont Hotel in Kilifi, Kenya. The training will be conducted in 2 series one starting from 01st to 05th October, 2018 and the other one from 08th to 12th October 2018 .
Excel has powerful tools that enable busy users to set up systems that simplify data analysis and interpretation. Effectively using Excel allows users to devote their time more profitably to making decisions about and acting on results, with more effective outcomes.
This course gives practical experience in the use of Microsoft Excel for data summary, presentation and for other basic statistical work. It concentrates on areas where Excel really can excel, such as array functions. We look at data entry and management, pivot tables, and graphics.
We also review Excel’s facilities for statistical analysis, advising on their use and limitations, and we show how add-ins can be used to enhance Excel’s capabilities.
The workshop participants will learn through a series of practical simulations which ensures that they maximize their learning and can use the tools immediately when they return to the office. In addition to the practical component, all participants will also receive a manual describing all the techniques learned.
The following will be covered during the training:
- Structured tables
- Data entry and validation
- Efficient data management, named ranges and VLOOKUP
- Using Index, Match and Offset function for advanced data management
- Pivot tables for cross tabulations
- Good statistical graphics
- Conditional operations and array functions
- Data summary and analysis; pros and cons of the Analysis Toolpak
- Extending Excel with Add-ins for statistical analysis
- The use of SSC-Stat, an Excel add-in for efficient statistical work.
How participants will benefit
At the end of the course participants will be able to turn their general Excel capabilities into skills in the use of Excel for data processing and basic statistical applications.
Who Needs this Training?
This advanced Microsoft Excel training course is intended for anyone who currently uses or is thinking of using Excel for handling data and for their statistical work. It is also for statisticians, if they need to advise and support others on the efficient use of Excel. Participants will need to have attended or be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel.
The participants are required to have a good command of the English language and reasonable computing skills.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Individual KES 69,000.00 Exclusive of VAT.
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before Monday, 01st October 2018 .
Other Excel courses for you
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Training Course
- Program and Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course
- MS Excel (2016/2013) Programming with VBA Course
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data With Excel Course
- Data Management and Analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Excel in Education Course
- Microsoft Excel for Human Resource Professionals Course
See more… 1