As natural resource managers—biologists, botanists, ecologists, environmental regulators, hydrologists, planners, miners, petroleum engineers, foresters, and farmers—you rely on the analytical power of GIS for help in making critical decisions as you manage the earth’s resources.
There is no simple answer to our environmental and natural resource concerns, but whether you are restoring habitats, planting crops, drilling for oil, or monitoring endangered species there is increasing optimism that the application of GIS tools will help us become a more sustainable planet.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Collect, interpret, and manage spatial information using remote sensing and information systems
- Support planning and decision making processes in natural resource management using the information acquired.
- Understand geoinformation in relation to natural resource management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Biologists, botanists, ecologists, Foresters, NGO staff, Government officials in environment and conservation, environmental regulators, hydrologists, planners, miners, petroleum engineers, foresters, and farmers.
- Introduction to GIS and Remote sensing and in Natural Resource Management (NRM)
- Collection of GIS data for NRM
- Analysis of the data collected
- Ground verification of data
- Application of GIS on:
- Watershed management
- Determination of soil types and moisture content
- Land use analysis using GIS
- Slope information identification and analysis
- Application of GIS in Biodiversity Management
- Flora and Fauna Management
- Conservation Biology and GIS
- Ecotourism and Community-based nature conservation
- Protected area management and conflict resolution
- Biodiversity conservation & eco-tourism
- Habitat Characterization and Management
- Wildlife economics and value chain
- Ecotourism planning, & entrepreneurship
- Landscape ecology, culture diversity & eco-tourism
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: ">
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: